Dr. Daisy McGuire with patient, Mrs. David Hall, Sr. (1910) From the collection of Dr. Patrick McGuire
Grade Level: Kindergarten Unit Plan
Subject: Social Studies, Science, Math, Information Skills, Healthful Living, English, Computer Technology, Art
By Carolyn Colton
Scotts Creek Elementary School- Jackson County Schools
This project will explore the history of dentistry in Jackson County from the 1860’s to present day dentistry in Jackson County.
Adventures of the American Mind- Western Carolina University
VIEW THIS LESSON PLAN
Click Here for More Information on Using DigitalHeritage.org in the Classroom
- Gertrude Dills McKee Gertrude Dills McKee, daughter of the founder of Dillsboro, North Carolina, married local businessman Ernest Lyndon McKee. She worked actively for various civic causes. . .
- Mary Ulmer Chiltosky, 1986
Chiltoskey Receives Mountain Heritage Award
Mary Ulmer Chiltoskey – teacher, librarian and keeper of Cherokee tribal myths, legend and medicine lore – was presented with the […]
- Folk Medicine Not all people in western North Carolina regularly go to the doctor when they get sick. Some still rely on the traditional folk medicine of their ancestors, drawn from the regions many cultures. . .
- Mountain Dance and Folk Festival In 1928, Bascom Lamar Lunsford turned his vast knowledge of traditional music and his organizational skills to the creation of a local music festival. The Asheville Chamber of Commerce […]
- Agricultural Pride in Macon County Agricultural Pride in Macon County is designed to help students recognize the impact that agriculture has on the community in which they live. Students will learn that changes from the […]