Dr. Daisy McGuire with patient, Mrs. David Hall, Sr. (1910) From the collection of Dr. Patrick McGuire
Grade Level: Kindergarten Unit Plan
Subject: Social Studies, Science, Math, Information Skills, Healthful Living, English, Computer Technology, Art
By Carolyn Colton
Scotts Creek Elementary School- Jackson County Schools
This project will explore the history of dentistry in Jackson County from the 1860’s to present day dentistry in Jackson County.
Adventures of the American Mind- Western Carolina University
VIEW THIS LESSON PLAN
Click Here for More Information on Using DigitalHeritage.org in the Classroom
- Trees Commonly Found in Western North Carolina In today's world of television and video games, this site is an attempt at instilling in our students an awareness of the enjoyment which can be found among our abundance of beautiful , […]
- Asheville Tourists What do the GreenJackets, the RiverDogs, the Grasshoppers, the Catfish, the SandGnats, the BlueClaws, and the Crawdads have in common? They do not refer to square dance teams or high […]
- Lake Logan Thousands of years before the arrival of European settlers, Native Americans, particularly the Cherokees, inhabited the mountain region now known as Appalachia. Within the boundaries of […]
- Ghost Towns Towns do not survive forever. Western North Carolina has a number of its own lost towns. They disappeared for a number of reasons.
- Craft Guild In 1892, Frances Goodrich, a New England educated Presbyterian Missionary, moved to the Madison County community of Allanstand. Her goal: to improve the quality of life for mountain […]