Grade Level: Fourth Grade Unit Plan
Subject: Science, Social Science, Information Skills/Computers and Technology, Math and Healthful Living
By Ann Duelfer
Cullasaja Elementary School – Haywood County Schools
Adventures of the American Mind- Western Carolina University project will consist of the learner building an understanding of the composition and uses of rocks and minerals. The thematic unit will entail conducting interviews, inviting guest speakers, visiting field trip locations, utilizing technology, analyzing and classifying specimens, participating in presentations, and field studies.
Adventures of the American Mind- Western Carolina University
VIEW THIS LESSON PLAN
Click Here for More Information on Using DigitalHeritage.org in the Classroom
- 4th of July Old-time mountain 4th of July celebrations focused on patriotism. In smaller communities, they involve simple patriotic services in churches and a community dinner. . .
- Little Switzerland The Grassy Mountain area of Mitchell and McDowell counties was long a traditional settlement of Scotch-Irish families. In the summer of 1909, Charlotte lawyer Heriot Clarkson discovered […]
- Craft Guild In 1892, Frances Goodrich, a New England educated Presbyterian Missionary, moved to the Madison County community of Allanstand. Her goal: to improve the quality of life for mountain […]
- Affrilachians Creative Commons Image Obtained Through Flickr
The term Affrilachian, coined in the early 1990s by Kentucky poet Frank X Walker, has claimed a place in our understanding of the […]
- Storytelling in the Southern Appalachians This project will expose children to the art of storytelling with Southern Appalachian folklore. Students will create a handbook which depicts the changes in the western North Carolina […]