March 21st, 2018
Jackson County, created in 1851, built a brand new town named Webster to be its county seat. Court was held at Daniel Bryson’s home and at Alan Fisher’s store until the courthouse was finished. In 1887, a second courthouse was built, but the new railroad had bypassed Webster three years earlier. . .
Judaculla Rock, located along Caney Fork Creek in Jackson County, is North Carolina’s largest example of a Native American petroglyph, or rock carving. . .